Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wow!

I forgot I even had this blog -- only until I was searching for something completely unrelated and I came upon my own blog in the search. Now how cool is that!

I won't even try to summarize the last 7 months -- I will try to update regularly for my resolution for 2010.

As of today Matt is sporting a new look for the next 4 weeks. He injured his thumb back in December catching a football his brother through at him. I figured he just jammed it. He was able to use it to play his electronic games (playstation, gameboy etc), had no problems slamming his hand down when mad etc. He did complain off and on that it hurt - more at night during bedtime routine so I figured just an excuse to withhold getting to sleep. Because of his continued complaining I figured I would just get it checked into. Off to the docs he went and they ordered an x-ray. The x-ray revealed a fracture at the base of the thumb where it meets the wrist. Made an appointment with the ortho doc and had it cast which was an ordeal in itself.


He decided on a multi color cast - red, white and blue in honor of his uncle who is currently serving in Iraq. Picking his cast colors was an adventure in itself that took almost 10 minutes from trying decide on a single color, then 2 colors, and finally settling on this one. I do have to admit he hasn't complained once yet and it's been 4 full days he has had it on. Matt is very determined to accomplish a task even if it is with his left hand. I do believe the challenge will come when it becomes itchy. Time will tell.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment