Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Birthday to myself

Well today marks minus 2 to the big 50. Just another day I tell all - but really -- is it??? I started the day by waking up the boys - M having alot of trouble awaking - and whispered in his ear -- on this day today 48 years ago - something very special happened. He mumbles - "what". I said mommy was born. M is curled up under a thousand blankets - at least that is the way it seems as I continuously pull a blanket off of him one by one. As I get to the second to last his arms appear and I think I see a half-smile as he wraps his arms around me and says "happy birthday mommy" but he quickly throws the covers back over him and closes his eyes again. I give him the love tap and go over to get D up. As I look over to his bed he isn't there. Oh I say to myself -- he's up and moving already. Then I see an arm appear from under his bed. I get down to the floor - oh now I see what 48 years has done on my body as I hear my bones creaking as I go down. I peer at him under his bed as his eyes brighten up any dark room and D says - "how did you know I was down here"? Ahhhh the things mommy's know. What a beautiful morning it was - not any different than any of day - so yes it is just another day - but I am able to experience another day full of life and adventures and I am sure so many challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment