Thursday, January 22, 2009

Itty Bitty Time Out

I just read a news article that tells me single mom's need to remind themselves to take itty-bitty time outs. My so called itty bitty timeouts I get is when I need take care of personal business - you know - my timeout room is in the bathroom. Gosh even the experts tell one this: "Time out should be done in a boring place such as the bathroom, the hall, a stairwell, or other area where there is likely to be little entertainment. "

No entertainment in the bathroom for me (unless.. well use your imagination). But omg, I can't even go to the bathroom or take a shower without someone knocking on the door or calling me from the other room. So where should my itty bitty timeout be? In my closet, downstairs in the cold laundry room, under my bed ... or maybe I should take this advice:

"I once knew of a mom that bought a wild-looking red bath robe. The rule was when mom came out of her room with that robe on, no one was allowed to ask for anything unless the room was on fire".

If you have a suggestion on where I should give myself itty bitty timeouts, please comment and let me know. If it works I will be sure to post. Well off to another day at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment